Former president Jacob Zuma has earned himself another date with the Constitutional Court.
The ConCourt has agreed to hear the state capture commission’s contempt application against Msholozi (Zuma) on 25 March.
The court has given Zuma until 8 March to file a response to the inquiry’s case that he should be convicted of criminal contempt.
This comes after he defied the Constitutional Court order that instructed him to appear before the commission.
Chairperson of the commission, Deputy Chief Justice Raymond Zondo asked for Zuma to be sentenced to two years’ imprisonment.
A defiant Zuma has said he would rather go to jail than appear before the commission, accusing it of treating him unfairly.
Meanwhile, Scrolla.Africa has learnt from a family source that Zuma snubbed the ANC top six led by President Cyril Ramaphosa which was supposed to meet Zuma on Sunday.
It was understood that the meeting was aimed at persuading Zuma to appear before the state capture commission of inquiry.
Instead, Zuma went to the Kingdom of eSwatini as a guest of the King.
Previously, Zuma said he would not change his decision about appearing before the Zondo commission even after meeting the ANC top six.
Picture source: News24