Divisions in the Zulu Royal family have forced the KwaZulu-Natal government to pull out of King Zwelithini’s first annual anniversary prayer.
This comes after the traditional Prime Minister to the Monarch Prince Mangosuthu Buthelezi publicly distanced King Misuzulu kaZwelithini from the commemoration that was planned by KZN Premier Sihle Zikalala.
On Saturday the five wives of the late King Goodwill Zwelithini kaBhekuzulu held their own prayer at KwaKhethomthandayo Palace while King Misuzulu and his siblings including the Zulu regiment had their own meeting at KwaKhangelamankengane which is 18 minutes away.
In his speech King Misuzulu kaZwelithini urged the nation to follow in his father’s step to prioritise unity and respect.
“In honour of uMdlokombane it is important to show respect to each other. It is crucial for any person to respect other people because it doesn’t cost anything,” said Misuzulu.
King Misuzulu’s siblings made it clear that they are fully behind their brother to officially ascend the throne.
Prince Simingaye said that their brother is a rightful heir and he is the undisputed one.
During the prayer the Regent Queen Mantfombi was also remembered.
At the kwaKhethomthandayo Palace all the Royal rebels who are against King Misuzulu were out in full force but they made it clear that their event won’t have any speeches.
During the interview Prince Phumzuzulu of kwaDlamahlala Palace said that at the moment the throne is only occupied by the wives of the late King because there is no one so far who has been appointed.
It was noted that the KwaKhethomthandayo event was only attended by a certain faction of the Royal Family and congregants from different churches.
The host was the Queen Sibongile MaDlamini who lost her court bid to nullify the marriage of other wives as she was demanding 50 percent of the King’s estate.
On Friday King Misuzulu and KZN Premier Sihle Zikalala attended a gala dinner in Durban which was organised by the King Zwelithini Foundation.
Image source: @CityPress