We present our Scrolla News report – read by Zuzile Ndlela.
Scrolla, published by Olduvai Pty, subscribes to the Code of Ethics and Conduct for South African Print and Online Media that prescribes news that is truthful, accurate, fair and balanced. If we don’t live up to the Code, within 20 days of the date of publication of the material, please contact the Public Advocate at 011 4843612, fax: 011 4843619. You can also contact our Case Officer on [email protected] or lodge a complaint on our website: www.presscouncil.org.za.
Please email all applications to [email protected]
The position requires an experienced journalist, editor or sub editor based in South Africa.
The news editor will:
· anchor Scrolla’s news operation, working with in house reporters and freelancers
· identify new freelancers across the country, working with them and mentoring them
· edit, rewrite and sub edit – and sometimes write stories themselves
· manage video and audio editing
The candidate needs to be an exceptional writer, as well as an experienced editor or sub editor, based in South Africa.
The chief sub will:
· work closely with the editor and news editor
· manage freelance sub editors
· edit and rewrite and sub edit