At midday on Wednesday 17 February, the South African government will begin administering Covid-19 vaccines to the country’s healthcare workers.
The vaccine will be available to all healthcare workers: public, private, clinical and non-clinical.
All of those who are eligible and want a vaccine must register for one online.
The registration process is quick and easy. Here is all the information you need to register now:
- You must register on the government’s online electronic vaccination data system (EVDS). Registration is now open and available here.
- This will record your name, ID number, address, whether you have medical aid and some other details.
- The system will then let you know if you are eligible to receive the vaccine.
- If you are confirmed as eligible, you will receive a text message saying where and when you will be vaccinated.
- You will also receive a unique code you must give to the vaccinator, along with your ID.
- Once you’ve had your jab you will receive an electronic vaccination certificate.
Image source: @dw_europe